Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We had a great day with lots of food. My parents came to our house for Thanksgiving, and after lunch and naps we went to my sister's house for dessert. It was great getting to see some family, we missed everyone that we did not get to see. Our turkey was actually cooked this year, thanks to our new meat thermometer, and it tasted great. Grant took a special interest in the bird making sure it was basted and checked every hour. From the beginning, he went shopping to get groceries for dinner with me, our grocery store had a special where you could get a turkey for $8 that was 16-20lbs. Grant decided that if they were all the same price he was going to find the biggest turkey he could. It seemed like ten minutes of searching through the freezer case, but he finally popped back up with a 20 pounder. It turned out awesome, which is good because we have probably 10lbs of turkey left over. (Anyone have any good turkey recipes:) ?)
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your Thanksgiving looked very nice! Way to be thrifty Grant! We missed you guys but loved our time on the phone. Hope to talk with you again soon.
Love, Janelle & Dad
Sounds like you guys had a very full Thanksgiving. Way to go on the turkey. Have fun with the leftovers. I always do turkey sandwiches but it sounds like you would be eating turkey sandwiches for a month:)
Glad you had family around - even if it wasn't me!!! I don't know what your secret is Liz - I could never get Grant to help in the kitchen. After the sandwiches - I make pillows with the leftovers. Stuffed rolls with turkey and cream cheese. Nothing fancy.
the best thing to do with left over turkey is a sandwich. i know it sounds simple but it is the best!!!!
PS. congrats on the job offer
Good times! glad we talked to you guys on Thanksgiving! I will call you soon, we need to catch up! You can call me anytime, wed nights are good and sunday nights too as Da has bishopric meetings and I am home alone!
Post a Comment