CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 17, 2008

It's not easy lookin good...

I finally decided to change our blog template to something cute rather than the boring one you get when you start your blog. I had put it off because I was intimidated. I'm not the most technologically savvy person around, but I gathered my courage and set out in the wonderful world that is the web to find a new template, this was the easy part. I was even able to download it without too much trouble, at least that was what I thought. I wanted to check out the finished product and quickly realized that the "widget" that I had clicked delete on during the installation process was all of our links to family and friends. I really didn't think clicking delete would affect anything, after all, I didn't have one of those floating baby counter things. That was what I thought a widget was. Well, now I know that my list of family and friends is also a widget, and after an hour of re-entering all of our info (I had to do it twice, our computer glitched just as I was entering our last link and deleted them all again) our blog is back to normal. It does look super cute if I do say so myself, well worth the trouble ;)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I get so upset when the computer goes and deletes things. I love that you thought a widget was the baby counter thing. Well who can keep up with all this gadget/widget stuff anyhow? It's confusing. But, we persevere. For the sake of our blogs. And we're so glad you did, it looks SUPER CUTE!

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

Looks great Liz. I don't know how to do much on my blog either. I just know the basics.

Grandma Sue said...

Nice and festive. I like it - and what you need is a computer person to call and ask - "How do you do this?" It was Damon before the job now Mandy gets my calls.

Campbells said...

Looks so good! I am very proud of you. I am not much for computers myself, I usually try to just get Da to do it for me
Love nik