Grant pulled out all of our Christmas decor tonight and our apartment is officially decorated. We also went shopping today and have all of our presents wrapped and ready to go. All that is left is to sit back and enjoy, hopefully we've skipped the stressful part of Christmas :) Grant has one more crazy week left in the semester. I think he initiated the "decking of our halls" to put off writing a paper that's due next week. Either way I'm glad, I don't really like searching for our boxes of decorations (if you saw our closet you'd understand why :).
We bought Christmas lights three years ago at the Dollar Store. Each 4ft strand has a plug on only one end. This makes it a little tricky because you can't connect strands. It has made us come up with some pretty interesting techniques and strategy when trying to get them to circle the window. Next year we'll probably splurge and buy new lights at some fancy store like Walmart. I think we've got our moneys worth at this point.
This is our beautiful giant of a tree :) We will also probably upgrade on this next year as well. We're dreamin big, we want a tree next year that's at least 3ft tall. We will be a little sad to part with our little fiber optic beauty, but we are having a hard time fitting all 7 of our ornaments on it, it's just too little.
2 comments:
You can compete with Mom and Dad as to who has the smallest tree - I do think theirs is smaller but you can see when you come for Christmas. I am just getting the tree put together - hope I have things done in time!!! Love the pictures
Your little tree is so cute! I love that you guys are sticking it out with your dollar store lights. I think I would have gone straight to wal-mart. I love decorating for Christmas!
Post a Comment