CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Wrap-Up


We made it safely to and from Idaho for Christmas. It was a great week and we loved getting to spend time with our family. We forgot to take our camera out with us when we did a lot of stuff so we missed out on quite a few pictures. Grant was able to get a shift at work covered, so we were able to head home a little earlier than expected. It was a good thing we left early. We drove to and from Idaho on the only days that they didn't have huge winter storms in a two week period. We were also happy to come home early because we got to go to my family's white elephant party. It was a lot of fun, except for the fact that all the kids that are supposed to stay small are now driving, wearing makeup, and talking about boys! I guess they missed the memo about not being allowed to grow up.


My mom was the lucky one who opened the baby toilet. No one was interested in stealing that from her.


One of the many "gems" at the party. Grant was a nice uncle and stole this movie from Hannah so that she could pick something she liked.



It Snowed 60 inches in two weeks in Idaho. We decided you can't pass up snow like that and went sledding with Grant's dad and family. After we had burned all those calories hiking up the sledding hill we decided it was time for donuts.






We played Pictionary with Grant's brother Brady and his wife Lani. It was girls against boys, and the boys won. I am not a poor sport however, so I will not mention that Grant confessed to EXTREME cheating by the boys team!




This is the first of six puzzles that Grant did at my parent's house. He also helped out with one at his mom's for a total of seven! Does anyone else think he was maybe a little bored?

Opening gifts on Christmas morning.

My dad got a hand mixer for Christmas and I thought it was hilarious when he got it out of the box an started pretending to blend stuff. He was even making blender noise while he played with it. I couldn't help but think, "didn't I just see little Grayam doing the same thing with his toys the night before?" Boys and their toys, somethings bring out the kid in all of us.

Our beautiful new griddle. I have wanted one of these since we got married. We don't really know where to store it in our little apartment, but I'm still pretty excited about it.

We had a white elephant party with some of our friends the day before we headed home for Christmas in Idaho. It was tons of fun, thanks to everyone who came!
Everyone is showing off their loot, we had a packed house!

5 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

It was great to see you guys - very glad you traveled safely - I will be sendihg Grant his coat because I will not remember it in April.

Mickelle said...

So, I'm looking at one of those pictures, and the FIRST THING my eyes gravitate to is this chick. And I think, "Hey. She looks a lot like me. I should say that in a comment. ...Nah, it's probably some old person that, in real life, doesn't look ANYTHING like me."

Then, I see Scott next to me. Sheesh.

Campbells said...

Missed you guys this year. You are going to love that griddle! Wish I had one that big Where was a pic of your new stockings???

Janelle said...

We had a ton of fun with you guys. Thanks for getting together with us so much. Sledding was cool, donuts were sweet, and Santa was....well....really lumpy! But he was a great gift giver. I spied your new jammy pants in a picture ;}

KrizteeTrain said...

What a fun Christmas! I like how your family is weird. We should play pictioniary soon! Cristy and I are really good :) But we don't like cheating, so its you against Cristy and I.