Friday Night we went to bed at about 12:00 and I woke up at 3:00 a.m. I had that gross stomach churning feeling that can only mean one thing- you and your bathroom will be spending a lot of quality time for the next 24 hours. I started throwing-up and couldn't keep anything down the whole day. Eye-opener #2- we can't have kids. I am the biggest sissy ever when it comes to stomach pain. The whole day I kept thinking, 24 hour bug- that means that I have 15 hours left, 10 hours, 5 hours until I would start to feel better. I am pretty scared now about willingly signing on for 3 months of sickness. So we'll see what happens with that...
Later in the afternoon I started to feel like maybe I could keep something down, but I was not brave enough to get off of the couch and go get anything. So I lay there and thought, "Grant is supposed to be home in a few hours from work, I'll ask him to pick up some popsicles". My impatience set in after waiting for about 2 hours, so I decided to call our neighbor Annie. She said it wouldn't be a problem and she would bring me some popsicles. That Is when I had eye-opener #3- I don't know how we are going to survive when we move, and don't have any close friends. Annie seriously was a life saver. I am pretty sure I was going to die if I didn't get those Popsicles;) She risked her life and came into our disease filled apartment, and she got us high- quality real fruit popsicles, rather than the cheap unhealthy alternative. Grant's throat started to hurt the next day, and so those popsicles were pretty much the only thing we ate this weekend. THANK YOU ANNIE AND BERKELEY- we love you guys and don't know what we'll do when you aren't our neighbors! This weekend has given us a lot to think about. We are excited for the next phase of our lives, but we sure do have it good right now.
9 comments:
The bug was over here too. A lot of my family had that. Hopefully you are feeling better.
When I first read that you were sick, I thought you WERE pregnant. But I'm pretty sure Grant can't be pregnant, too, so it looks like you're safe. For now.
You guys still going to be able to have the white elephant party on Thursday? Let us know. We understand if you're busy being sick...
Party is still on! We're feeling TONS better and we should be good as new by Thursday.
Yuck! I can't stand the pukes. Awful, awful stuff. So...if everyone else is getting the pukes right now, then it'll probably get around to us right about...Christmas time. Awesome. We always end up with something during the holidays. And at least you made me feel a little better. I feel like everyone else in the world is super crafty except me. We can be the non-crafty rejects together!
I agree - when you have the pukes you just think - one hour down and one hour closer to the time I'll feel better - glad you are better now - can't wait to see you soon
Well you are very welcome and thank you for the recognition! I had no idea bringing you popsicles would put me in such a good light! Anytime you need popsicles, you just go ahead and call me! I am glad you feel better.
I HATE the pukes! Nothing is worse! I am glad you have good friends, we have been so blessed, everywhere we have moved we have always had good friends, you will too when you get to Ohio, it will be ok! Also, I am not crafty either, I am kind of the same way, I don't have the patience for projects, I just want to get them done, figure they will look as good as that can be!
Even though being sick isn't a fun part of pregnancy it is well worth it. I am glad that you are feeling better now.
Liz, so great to find your blog! Congrats to Grant's job. The midwest (ohio is midwest, right?) is so much fun. We are in CA for now but plan on settling down in Minnesota where Hormel's corporate office is. Anyway, look forward to reading more about how you are doing! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment