Sorry for the lack of blogging lately, life really has not been that interesting these days. The biggest event since Christmas happened yesterday. Grant got home from work and our neighbors came over saying that they had a present for him. They had ordered "Tetris Attack" for him online and it finally arrived yesterday. Grant had made me go to every game store imaginable with him before Christmas to try and find a copy of the game, but we had no luck, so you can imagine his joy when he got home and the game was waiting for him. I have always justified Grant's excessive football watching with the knowledge that it could be worse. I could have married a "gamer". I can handle football any day over video games. In the last 24 hrs he has spent 5 hrs sleeping, 3 hrs at church, and I'll be generous and say 1hr showering using the bathroom and eating. That leaves 15 hrs that have been spent playing his new game, with an occasional break to check the scores of the ball games. I think he may have a problem. He keeps telling me that I just need to try out the new game and I'll be hooked as well, but I haven't even gotten to try it out because anyone who walks by our apartment is invited in to play. He played with one of our neighbors until 1:00 am last night/morning, then after I got home from my meeting after church I found a different neighbor's brother at our house. The neighbor's brother Chris, had just come by to see if his family was over at our house. Grant quickly sucked him into the "gamer's den" and got him playing as well. I woke up from my Sunday nap and found Berkeley, the one that Chris was originally looking for, playing too. Berkeley had not even gone home after his church meetings, he just came straight over and started playing. And currently we have our friend Doug over. He had heard about the new game and just showed up. I was in the bath and Grant came in and warned me that someone had knocked on our door. I really wasn't surprised that it was another playmate for Grant. We've become pretty popular over the last 24hrs.
I am also going to start selling my body, AKA plasma. So if there are any horror stories please do not tell me, but if their is any constructive advice on how to not pass out or puke I would love to hear it.
And finally I am trying to go off sugar 6 days a week with one of our neighbors starting tomorrow. Ha! we'll see how long that lasts, but we're giving it an honest try. I am eating a brownie right now in preparation ;)
8 comments:
Cold turkey on the sugar is hard. I now do a six day a week thing but I first started with every other day - no sugar. Then to three days with sugar and 4 without - then to days sugar and 5 without. Now it is tuedays only. As far as Grant goes - school starts tomorrow along with homework!! The blood thing - ask Da and Nik
I never knew that tetras could be that addictive, but I guess I stand corrected. Good luck with the plasma thing. You are a braver woman than I am.
Giving plasma is easy, its just boring. Just drink plenty of water and don't eat food with alot of fat in it and you will be in and out. As for the games I know what you mean, that is Matts favorite pastime as well.
Poor Liz! I am grateful that I am not married to a "gamer", and actually Da is not too bad into the sports either. Da catches sports center daily, but that is not bad at all. As far as plasma goes, I liked it great. It was a little boring, but for me it was a chance to get out of the house with out my kids and come home 30 dollars richer! The key is tons of water, and eat a good snack before you go in. A good snack is not a yogart or a handful of crackers, I am talking like a sandwich or something like that. And than when you get home drink lots of water. And than you'll feel fine. Good luck! Give me a call anytime as stay at home liz. Being stay at home nik, I am home about 90 percent of the time! Miss you guys!
P.s. Da and I love Quizno's! Our fav sandwich place, next time get the turkey bacon guacamole!
I knew that game would be trouble!! All I have to say is that it is better at your house than at mine. I'm pretty sure my patience wears thin a lot faster than yours does...as you probabaly know from our recent history with Dr. Mario. Anyway, maybe this is just a gaming phase that will pass once the newness of the game wears off...or not. Who knows.
i don't think any of us ever doubted the fact that Grant has always been just a big kid. this just prooves it.
i would just like to say way to go on skicking with the old school games and not giving in to this new "high teck" but no character stuff :)
Okay, we don't even get ESPN on our cable. So, no I get virtually no sports fix. I've been regulated to catching espn updates online (which isn't too bad). Really it has been this way since grad school when I couldn't really justify the time away from my family.
Regarding plasma. I can't wait to tell my kids about my super huge sacrifice so that they could have food and clothes during grad school. It isn't too bad, it just takes some time. Also, very weird people do it, so it is great to keep you humble.
Love you guys, can't wait till you are a car drive away.
da
This was the most hilarious blog I have ever read. Kudos.
I especially like how grant's visage is completely fixated on the screen at all times. Like a robot or something. Like my wife--she is infatuated with wasting time--I mean cooking...yes...cooking...Mmmmmm....
Post a Comment