Grant and I have always known we weren't living in the "best" neighborhood. The last month has really produced some great photo ops that we just couldn't resist. I was worried about doing this post because I thought we might offend our neighbors, but we have realized that it is no surprise to anyone that we are residents of Provo's ghetto. I am grateful for the place we live. It will always provide a good laugh in years to come, and in the mean time we have been blessed with awesome neighbors. BUT, just in case you too could use a good laugh, enjoy the sights of our ghetto-
(note: all of these pictures are at our 4-plex, imagine the pictures we could have gotten if we had ventured out a few bocks!)
And finally the leaf piles. Our land lord raised our rent this year and then said that there was no longer enough money to pay the lawn maintenance guy. So we still have giant piles of leafs in the middle of January, and when ever the wind blows they end up in our stair well :(
On a more positive note, our rampant stray cat population is going down. One of the neighbors got so tired of the cats thinking their stairwell was a bathroom that they called animal control. Animal control was more than happy to bring some traps over, and currently 3 have been caught. Only 20 more to go!
10 comments:
Awesome! I love that you just own it though and can enjoy living in your own little ghetto. Great pictures. I think what you've done with the place is quite impressive, though. You would never know it was ghetto from the inside!
Oh, the joys of renting! However, when we visited I never would of guessed you lived in the ghetto!
I think you are mentally ready to move - now you know what to look for in your quest for a new home - what you don't want - great post!!
Fantastic post!! Much better than I had even anticipated! I love our little ghetto!
I'll be so excited for you when you finally ghetto a new chapter in your life :) Hahahaha.....I'm too funny....I know.
It is funny how normal ghetto becomes so normal and part of life as you live in it. I never thought of your place as ghetto, but your pictures do prove me wrong.
YES!!! I love it. Too bad we'd sold the dog house by our garage.
I'm so offended;)
One of my favorite blog posts of all time. I wish I could nominate it for some award. Laughed out loud, and have been rendered speachless. I wish I had a funny comment(like Brady's :)), but you said it already.
da
Kind of reminds me of the inside of our house for a few months. Lots of bachelors/hodgepodge furniture. Now we just pretend we're not ghetto.
Post a Comment