CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Greatest weekend ever!!!

When ever you have pajama church and unlimited food all rolled into one weekend, it's bound to be a good one! I just wish I had taken a belly shot on Friday so we could compare it with today- a belly shot of Grant of course, who else would I be talking about.
We started the weekend with our annual trip to Red Lobster. Grant waits all year for all-you-can-eat-shrimp season, and this year did not disappoint. We met up with our friends Adam and Heidi, and the boys went to town. Heidi and I are not seafood fans, so we stuck to chicken and it was great too. Grant and Adam did their best to get their money's worth, and I think they succeeded. Sorry, no pictures of the Red Lobster events, but it really was a good night.

Saturday started with a little conference in our PJs, and then we met up with the Gattusos and Blakes for the Reds game. Michael had called earlier in the week to see if we wanted to come along, he had extra tickets for the Diamond seats. Diamond seats mean you get to sit in the seats directly behind home plate, and you get all the food you can eat for free! They have a restaurant with nice food, and after you eat that you continue to eat ballpark food. Grant had a hot dog, nachos, pretzel, peanuts, ice cream, 3 juices, and the buffet in the restaurant plus dessert. I tried to keep up, but blast my pregnant stomach, I was uncomfortably full after my hot dog and had to call it quits.We tried to play it cool, we were soooo excited, but I think we failed miserably.
Our seats were closer to home plate than the pitching mound. That's my buddy Brandon Phillips up to bat. He was close enough that if I had the nerve I could have talked to him, and he would have probably heard me- but no, I was star struck and froze up :(
The Group- Me, Lane, Whitney, Grant, Tiffany, and Michael.
Mr. Red Legs working the crowd.
This is literally how close we were sitting to all the action- the small red spot in the right of the picture is one of our seats.

The Boys- Lane, Grant, and Michael.The Girls- Tiffany, Whitney, and me.

Thank you for inviting us, we had a blast! Grant has had a hard time adjusting back to eating normal portions. Every time I look he is snacking on something, and then just sighs and says "I'm just soo hungry." We'll wait and see if his stomach can shrink back to it's original size ;)

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Looks like sooo much fun! Georgey was checking out this post with me, then he asks in a sad voice "did they ever come to MY baseball game?" (meaning his tball this summer) I explained that you guys live just a little too far away. Then he asked "but if they lived closer they would have?" I assured him you definitely would have if you could have, and he felt better about the whole thing.
I'm wondering where Liz's belly went in these pictures. I once went to a baseball game when I was 8 months pregnant, and the mascot came over to me and started mimicing me and my waddle and big belly. I'm serious. I'm sorry your pregnancy interefered with the food - it sounds amazing!

Mandy said...

Sorry about all the spelling mistakes. Oops. And I meant to clarify that Liz is looking fantastic.

KrizteeTrain said...

How come Grant has an awesome job and awesome friends and awesome seafood?

He even has two awesome sisters, one of which I married. Wow. What a cool kid.

Campbells said...

Looks like fun! My kids would of loved that too. They love going to any kind of sporting event, and the highlight for them is the hotdog, popcorn and candy. They would of given Grant a run for his money. Liz, I can not beleive you are due soon, you look great! Hardly look prego!

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

Those seats look like they were unbelievable. I am so jealous. You look so stinkin good. You barely show. Sounds like it was an awesome weekend.

Suzi Q said...

Fun! I love baseball games, you can't miss a thing! Oh Liz you are almost there! I love your hair by the way, it looks so smooth!

Grandma Sue said...

Too much fun - to bad the game wasn't on t.v. I would have taped it because I know Grant would have done something silly to get on t.v.

Annie and Berkeley said...

That really does look like a kick butt weekend! It would have top-notch if we had been there too! Oh well...someday we will come visit...maybe to meet Asa's future wife. We sure miss you guys and we are so glad you are adjusting to life there so well.

Laura said...

I am glad that you guys had such a great weekend. I too look forward to the all you can eat shrimp at Red lobster.
I love the way that you decorated your nursery. So cute!