This weekend was a busy one for us. It started out Saturday morning with my baby shower. Whitney and Jen, two girls from our ward had asked a few months back if they could throw a shower for me, and of course I said yes (really, who would turn that down?). It turned out great, and we once again have been amazed by the generosity of all of the people at church. Maybe it is just part of the pregnancy experience, freaking out about everything, but there definitely are moments when it sinks in that we are thousands of miles from family- and it's a little scary. It always seems to work out however, that when I am really getting nervous about our upcoming "adventure", someone always seems calm my nerves with the reassurance that even though it may not be family, we already have a great group of friends willing to help out. Argh, dang these emotions, I won't say anything else other than we love this ward we are in and feel so blessed to be here at this point in our lives. Now on to the fun stuff- pictures.
Whitney and Jen did such a good job getting everything ready and decorated. We had a brunch with tons of yummy food. I didn't know this, but apparently you're supposed to have a theme for baby-showers ( I thought the baby was the theme at these things). Well, Whitney takes her party throwing very seriously ( she looked up proper baby shower protocol/etiquette online), and it was a beautiful "fall" themed shower
And, the best part ;) presents! I won't post all of the pictures, it would be Liz overload, but we received tons of great stuff and can't wait for this little girl to get here and test is out:)


Later that afternoon, we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and went to a pumpkin patch with some friends. We planned on bringing home a pumpkin, but forgot cash ( seriously there are still places that don't take cards !?!). The old man in charge of the hayride kind of killed the "magic" when he told us they just ship the pumpkins in and then scatter them in a field. So we decided that we would wait and buy one at the grocery store this week, in the mean time we are still the grumps AKA- the only people on our street with no Halloween decor :(
The "pumpkin patch." It was still very fun , even if we didn't bring home anything.
6 comments:
I think you guys are in hicville. At least we grow our own pumpkins. Love the cow.
Having a girl is so much fun because they always have really cute stuff to dress them up in. I am hoping to go to the pumpkin patch sometime this week also.
I am so sad that I don't get to go to your baby shower! Oh well, you will get presents in the mail, and that is fun because it will always be a surprise! Showers are the funnest thing ever though, seriously. It looks like yours was super fun and I'm so glad that you have good friends there to take care of you!!
That cracks me up that they ship the pumpkins in then scatter them around - so funny! Pumpkin patches are fun, we don't often go because we have millions of pumpkins at the stand!
They ship in our pumpkins too! Love that you had a shower!
Ha ha ha! You can sure say that again! I think he is ptetty crazy myself! And props to you for getting these up already! I am so impressed! I am also inpresses with Grants homemaking skills. Do you think he would sew some curtains for us? I was going to call you today but Sam took a little extra time because he got his shots today so I will talk to you tomorrow!
Yes, our pumpkins are from New Mexico. Navajo Indians, apparently.
And, like you, we also forgot our money :( BUT we came with friends who really loved us and they bought our pumpkins for us lol.
Post a Comment