CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Washington D.C.

We took advantage of the three-day weekend, and decided we wanted to go visit Cristy and Nathaniel in D.C. It was a great weekend, the prefect mix of sight-seeing, visiting, and eating tons of great food!
We were experimenting with our camera settings, and forgot to switch back to the regular mode, so a lot of the pictures are blurry.
The first monument we saw was Iwo Jima- yep, it's huge
Then we got "lost" in Arlington National Cemetery- also huge.
A Little lunch from Generous George's, they have amazing pizza. Who knew, Cristy and Micky are totally tight.
Cristy narrowly escaped with her life when these rocks fell on her at the FDR monument.
We were trying to look forlorn and hopeless in this picture- it's harder than you might think.
This building is known to locals as the Capitol Building. Grant refers to it as the White house.
A cool part of the WWII memorial. The fountains are designed to create the sound of continuous applause for our veterans
More WWII memorial. It was a beautiful night, and this is the infamous shot where we changed our camera setting to try to capture the sunset. All of our pictures after this are pretty blurry.
A nice group shot.
A huge elephant and three blurry people at the Smithsonian.
We look a little oblivious to the fact that we're about to be taken out by three airplanes.
I don't remember what he did ( it's Grant I'm sure he deserved it) but we decided he needed to be thrown down this hole .

And finally, Grant's replacement Virginia shirt. This is an old picture from May, when we didn't have internet for a month. It seems only appropriate to put it in the post about D.C. Thank you Cristy and Nathaniel! We had a great weekend, and already miss you guys!

9 comments:

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. Next time put me in your suitcase OK Deal.

Campbells said...

glad you guys had fun! Can't wait to see you this christmas. Call me soon, we need to catch up!

The Cornett Family said...

How fun! That must be a blast to be relatively close to that side of the US! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. In my opinion, you should GO FOR IT! I seriously spent under 100 dollars, and I got EXACTLY what I wanted! My only advice would be to take it slow. If you rush yourself, you'll only get frusterated, and then make mistakes, and things won't end up turing out right. Spend one day cutting out the peices for the bumper, the next for the skirt, the next for the blanket, then the next sewing the bumper...etc. Take a few days off inbetween things too, which helps you get excited again to start, and you have a fresh perspective again! Anyway, Hope you're feeling well, You look super cute!

Grandma Sue said...

You went places I haven't seen - guess I'll have to go again - I liked the funny shots along with Grants best side!!

Mickelle said...

I definitely found something about that last photo quite confusing until I read the caption. Miss you guys!

Annie and Berkeley said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Liz you look great and your boobs are huge!! Welcome to life with milk jugs on your chest...hahahahahaha!! I miss you guys!!

Whitney Blake said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip to DC. Hopefully the drive wasn't too bad- I know Grant is a driving maniac

KrizteeTrain said...

I have all of the shots that you have minus the one of the "white house" because I was driving, so I will try and post them soon...just as soon as I find my thumb drive with all the pictures on it...

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Hello Liz!! Great to see you in blog land! Congrats on your new home and your soon-to-be baby! And Ohio, how neat. Good luck with all the new changes in your life!