What have we been up to you ask? A whole lot of nothing.
The biggest thing in the past three weeks would probably be closing on our house. It was pretty crazy the week before closing, as day after day we would here that "oops" there was one more glitch with the paper work. We were assured over and over that they would get it all worked out in time for us to close at 3:30 on Friday August 14th, but finally the truth came out at 1:00 on Friday August 14th- and the truth was that it was probably going to take another week for the bank to get it all sorted out. All we could do was wait :( It seems like you should be able to call the shots when HUGE sums of your money are involved, but no. Well, the bank finally got their act together and on Wednesday August 19th we were given the okay to close. Hallelujah!!!
We moved in on the weekend and LOVE our house. We had let our ward know that we were moving and expected maybe 2 or 3 people would show up to help. We were blown away by how many people came to help in the end. We have just been amazed as the number of "thank yous" we need to get out grows and grows. We already love this ward!
We have spent the last week unpacking and cleaning. Last night we threw out our last stack of empty boxes, and noticed that our living room now echoes :) Furniture is on the wish list of things to come. For now, we are still in awe at the fact that we own a house and are taking a little time to soak it all in. Every day I have at least one moment when I look around and just can't believe it all. Grant loves his new "toy" aka lawn mower. The lawn needed to be mowed the day we moved in, but we didn't have time until a few days later. I was worried about Grant because the last few days had been so hectic, and we had both been saying we just wanted a little time to relax, but he got home from work and headed straight out to start mowing. When he finished I was expecting some grumbling about how big the yard was , or how he was tired, but instead he came in all smiles saying "that was awesome, totally relaxing!"
5 comments:
Now I wish I was Grant and had all his cool toys - I want pictures of the house - more blogging please!!
Congrats!!! I am so excited for you guys. It is nice to be in a place of your very own.
We would love to see you guys when you are down this way this weekend.
More blogging please! With some pictures of liz, I want to see the growth!
Soooo jealous!
I glad that you had tons of help. It's really hard to move when pregnant. I don't have experience in the moving scenario but I did just recently shampooed all my carpet and it was a pain to move everything off the carpet and back on. I also need to see an updated picture of the baby bump.
Post a Comment