CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby stuff, let's be honest, that's all we've got going these days...

We are slowly getting to the point that we feel, and I say this very loosely, that we are ready for for this baby to come. Last weekend a few girls from our ward came over and helped us paint our bedroom, and get started on the baby's room. They were such a help, and I am now indebted to them for any of their painting needs for the rest of my life. If any of you have ever had the brilliant idea to paint stripes on your walls you will understand how tedious it is, and if you have friends helping you'll be lucky if you can still count them as friends when all is said and done.
Well, somehow we lucked out, and our friends (Tiffany and Whitney) are still talking to us. Plus we have a super cute baby nursery in the works!

Grant was determined to finish those stripes. Taping the room took 5 hours- Whitney and Tiffany spent 3 hours measuring and taping, and Grant spent at least 2 more finishing up the taping. Then he woke up early the next day to get the paint up, that part only took about an hour. This baby had better love those stripes!

Yes, that is more of a grimace than a smile, it was a looong day. We are hoping to get the chair rail up and touch up paint this week, and then we'll post pictures of the finished product.
32 weeks and counting- I get a little freaked out when I think of the fact that we probably only have 8 more weekends before the big day. My feeling are completely conflicting, and change about every 5 minutes, from complete terror about how she is going to change our lives, to excitement that can only be rivaled by Christmas eve when you were a kid. Last night I had my first dream that she was here, and it was great, until she turned into a boy halfway through. All I could think was, " what am I supposed to do with all of these girl clothes?" Let's hope the doctor was right when she told us it's a girl 100%.

6 comments:

Darren and Laura said...

i'm looking forward to seeing it all when i get there :)

Annie and Berkeley said...

I just can't believe you only have 8 weeks left. That is so crazy and I am seriously very sad...really almost to the point of tearing up...that you live so far away and I won't be able to help you like you helped me. You saved my life. Maybe we can have phone chats while watching Ellen together.

Lani said...

So close!! The room sounds like it will be delicious. :)

Campbells said...

You are going to do great! It will be here before you know it! Feel like taking a roadtrip to help me paint my entire house???????

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

You look so great Liz. The bedroom looks like a lot of work. Those are some really good friends. I am super nevous about the c-section and I am just hoping that I have a normal delivery.

KrizteeTrain said...

If I were a man-baby, I would love those wall stripes! Good job Grant and Liz!

Also, I have weird dreams all the time. They NEVER come true, so I think your safe.