CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Spring Time!


Well, we finally have some nice weather outside! However, now that I have written that we'll be back to blizzard conditions tomorrow:) Sorry about the sporadic updates lately. I have realized that I get very bothered by blogs that are not updated on a regular basis, but we have turned into those people. I guess you just don't realize that anything interesting is happening in your life unless you force yourself to sit down and think about it. So here are our updates for March/April.

First and most importantly Grant has his last official day of school TOMORROW! Yay, he will never have to go classes again! ( except for next week when he takes finals). We are so excited for graduation and some family getting to come visit. Grant has had the count down going for the last month we are currently at 10 days until he is officially graduated.

We are also trying to get use to the idea of all of our friends leaving. We thought we would be the first to move at the end of May, but have recently realized that all of our best friends have either already moved, or will be moving in the next two weeks :( WE HATE YOU ALL! Not really, it's just easier to cope if we pretend we don't like everyone. Grant is especially sad because Berkeley and Annie moved away yesterday with their new baby Asa.

Grant had taken to calling himself "the baby whisperer" because Asa loved Grant, and Asa really didn't love too many people. Most colicky babies don't. Asa had been spending a lot of time at our house lately walking on the treadmill with Grant, so now that he's gone Grant just doesn't know what to do with himself.

We have also had some visitors lately. Darren, Grant's brother stopped by on Thursday after his interview at the MTC ( hope you hear back soon Darren!) and we got to have dinner and visit with him a little which was great. Then on Friday we got quite a suprise. Grant got our mail that night and let me know that Georgey, his nephew, had mailed himself to us and will be staying for a few weeks! Grant has already started taking pictures of the visit. this is us having breakfast on Saturday, don't mind the bed-head and PJs.


Good thing we had lots of Poptarts, yogurt, and grahm crackers! Georgey was pretty hungry after his journey through the mail ;) He is actually doing a school project and they had to mail paper cut-outs of themselves to a "host family". We wish we had the really Georgey here, but we're still going to have lots of fun with "paper Georgey"!

Well that's about it for now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Easter Sunday!

8 comments:

Janelle said...

I love paper Georgey! Maybe someday we could take paper somebody to Mexico with us ~ that would be fun. Grant looks very natural with baby in arm. Happy Easter to you guys too!

Mandy said...

So sad when everyone moves away! At least you guys will be going soon too. Everyone moved away from us and we are still here . . . forever. Still, it is rough when everything is changing and you just know it will never be the same again. How exciting though that you have so much to look forward to coming up VERY soon! I am so excited for you guys and the fun adventures you get to have soon!
I LOVE that you guys are taking care of Georgey for a while. I know he is going to get the best project back and all of his classmates will be jealous because he has the coolest Aunt and Uncle!!!!

Mandy said...

I love pop tarts! And all that stuff! Thank you! That breakfast was yummy.

Love,
Georgey

Grandma Sue said...

I think it would be great if we could just mail ourselves to family & on a 42 cent stamp!!! Sorry your friends are leaving first but that also makes it easier for you to leave. Not that leaving that apartment will be hard :) See you soon:)

Campbells said...

I did that once, I had "flat Mckenzie" for awhile. I was supposed to take her everywhere and send back some pictures of our area and it was cute. She really like it! Yes it sad to see people move on, but it is sooooo fun to move somewhere new and meet new people and experience new things! You two are blessed with an adventure before you!

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

That is so cute that Georgey was sent to you. I'm sorry that all your friends are leaving. That stinks, but if you ever need someone to talk to I will be a phone call away.

KrizteeTrain said...

The Baby Whisperer huh? Nice.

I forget...do you have an official move to Ohio date yet?

Mickelle said...

Spring?!? Clearly you haven't been outside in a couple days. Or it's an old post - I forgot to look at the date.