Life is pretty boring around here these days. We have nothing extremely blog worthy to report, but that's never stopped us before, sooo here goes. Back in September I got one of the worst hair cuts of my life. I started to flirt with the idea of growing my hair out again in order to avoid getting another really bad cut with no way to hide it ( yeah you longed haired people,I've had both long and short hair in my life and it is way easier to hide a bad long hair cut with a ponytail than it is to hide a botched short cut) Well I had to live with my lopsided nasty hair for a month because it was too short to attempt to cut at it any more until it had grown a little. I hate to admit this but I was actually one of those girls who would cry in the morning when I tried to style my hair, it was that bad. Finally in October I felt I could go and get it evened up without just making the problem worse. The new cut turned out great and just to test Grant ( I'm convinced he only "notices" my haircuts if I've told him in advance that I am getting one) I didn't mention anything about it when we talked on the phone during the day. Grant came home from school that day, and big surprises, he didn't say a thing about my new haircut. Later that night we were spending time with some friends, and the first thing our friend said was "oh you got your hair fixed! It looks great!" I laughed and hit Grant and said, "yeah, and Grant hasn't even noticed yet!" What Grant said next made me decide that I was officially growing my hair out. I have kept my hair short during our marriage because Grant loves short hair. I have no strong feeling either way so I figured, might as well make my husband happy.
Grant's response when I said that he hadn't noticed was, " oh, I've noticed, I just didn't want to hear about how expensive it was, or hear you complain about what they messed up." Whaaaatttt! I was so mad, and I vowed that I would begin growing my hair out just to spite him.
So far I have been successful, but I am starting to waiver. My hair is in that awkward growing out stage, and I don't know what to do with it while I wait for it to grow. So, feel free to weigh in, I really want to stick to my guns on this one, but I'm not quite as enraged anymore, and in the mean time I look a little silly/frumpy.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
To cut, or not to cut?
Posted by Liz and Grant at 7:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Liz - I cannot believe that you look either silly or frumpy! Your hair always looks super cute and I wish I had nice smooth hair like you. So anyway, you have to decide. Feeling frumpy dumpy is the worst so you may have to do something else like buy new clothes and cute clips if you decide to grow your hair out. And spend lots of money and tell Grant how much it cost :}
I've seen your hair both ways, and honestly I prefer it short. It's so cute on you, and not everyone can pull it off. There's my vote!
I have had short hair all my life and admire people with long hair - it is allot to take care of - short is easier - either way - you look great - what makes you feel the best? that is what is important - Make sure you are happy - the rest will fall into place!!
i have no idea what to do with your hair, but i do think it is very funny that you are willing to indure the "wierd hair stage" just to get back at Grant. I LIKE IT :)
I feel you should carry on! Yes to spite grant! Plus, I have never seen you with long hair, hey, just grow it until we see you this summer, and than you can cut it after that huh? Its a goal to shoot for! By the way, I hate a bad hair cut, for that reason I have not had my hair cut here yet because I am scared! Its so hard to trust someone new!
I like both ways. Your such a beautiful women it dosen't matter which way you have it long of short you always look great.
I don't know what to tell you. Usually the growing out phase only last a little while. When ever I am tempted to cut my hair and I want to grow it out I always say that I am going to grow it long enough to donate to locks of love. That usually gives me the determination to let it keep growing. It might be fun to have long hair again since you haven't had it in a while.
Post a Comment