CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Thanksgiving

In November we headed down to Mississippi to visit Damon and Nikki's family. They were gracious enough to host us as well as Nikki's family from out of town, 12 people, for the week of Thanksgiving and their new baby Kevin's blessing. We were so excited to spend a week with them and meet their newest baby, Kevin (who I somehow managed to never get a single picture of ). We could not believe what a sweet little guy Kevin is, and we are so glad that we got to be there for his blessing. We had so much fun spending time with everyone, and miss all those cute kids so much!

The first morning we were there, Hallie wore her pajamas that matched Sadie's. Sadie was so cute and excited to match her little cousin, so we had to get a picture!
For Christmas Grant's family exchanges names, and we had the Mississippi Campbells this year so we brought their Christmas gifts with us. I made the boys ties, and the girls skirts that matched the ties. It was a fun project, but I don't think I will be taking on any homemade Christmas gifts this next year. The work paid off though, and all of the kids loved their presents!

For Damon and Nikki we got a new griddle. I was shocked that with 4 kids they had never owned one. I hope they like it as much as we've loved ours. One things for sure, the box was a lot of fun for the kids to play in!





Hallie LOVED having so many kids to play with all week! Jack taught Hallie how to play with light-sabers.

I can't wait for Hallie to get a little bigger. I had so much fun with my sweet nieces in the kitchen! They were great helpers and helped make rolls and pies for Thanksgiving.

The weather was amazing while we were there. Hallie loved being able to run around outside. It was great watching all of the kids run around out there after Thanksgiving dinner. I could really get used to the warm winter in Mississippi!


Grant and I both agree that Hallie seemed to grow up so much while we were there. She tried so hard to keep up with all of the big kids all week.


Nikki's niece Ashlynn, let Grant practice his hair skill on her. Grant was so proud of his braid, and Ashlynn seemed to like it too because she slept in it and then wouldn't let any one take it out the next day.

It was great spending time with family! Every night we would relax and play games together. Some of us were better losers than others, Damon, as you can see from the picture.


We had a great time, and can't wait to spend time together again!

1 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

Only thing missing is me.