CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Orleans

Grant and I were able to take a mini-vacation to New Orleans while we were visiting family in Mississippi. Da and Nik were so sweet and offered to watch Hallie for two days so that we could have a nice relaxing trip. They also helped me plan a surprise for Grant. Grant loves football , so I decided that for our anniversary I would surprise him with tickets to the New Orleans Saints' game while we were in New Orleans. Grant was definitely surprised! Grant in front of the Super Dome before the game.

The countdown clock.

The Saints' Santa
I knew we were kind of in nose-bleed country when I bought the tickets, but Grant and I both thought it was kind of funny once we actually sat down that there really was only one row higher than our seats.



Grant, so excited to be at a real NFL game!




The next day we went sight seeing around the French Quarter. We had breakfast at the famous Cafe Du Monde. Super Yummy!


It's a good thing that we can't eat the food there every day, we'd weigh 500 pounds!


We wondered the farmer's market, and bought this souvenir for Hallie. This man painted a picture out of the letters in her name in less than five minutes! I'm excited to get it framed for her room.
We had a great time, and are so grateful that we could leave Hallie and know we didn't have to worry about her at all, however we did miss her like crazy. We ate great food, wandered and took a carriage ride around the French Quarter, and went to our first movie since Hallie was born. Thanks Da and Nik!!!

0 comments: