CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

If I haven't mentioned it before, having a baby girl is the BEST! They are soo much fun to dress up and go crazy with, however I could very easily see us going bankrupt eventually if I don't get myself under control. Grant's no better, he is the one who insists that Hallie not be seen in public without a bow or flower in her hair. We took Hallie to get pictures done in her Easter dress, and I had mentioned that maybe we should buy a pair of ruffle socks to go with the outfit because Hallie only had tights, and the weather was getting too warm for them. When we got to the store we found a package of ruffle socks, and right next to the socks they had shoes, that of course she had to have. I decided that she could do without the socks for now and only bought the shoes. When I met back up with Grant he tried to hide his disappointment that I had not bought the socks, but I could tell he really felt that Hallie needed those sock, and he was pretty bummed.
We also went out to breakfast this past weekend, and in an effort to get out the door before noon, I said that Hallie could just wear her pajamas, and we'd dress her when we got home. Grant was ok with this, but somehow Hallie ended up wearing a bow to match her PJs thanks to dad (He's admited that he gets offended if people don't stop and tell us how cute she is). In case you were wondering, if you go out to breakfast at 8am on a Saturday with a baby, you will be swarmed by old ladies. Hallie narrowly escaped in one piece, but it was a close call with all the cheek pinching.
Hallie in her Easter dress, don't mind the giant drool spot:)

We made up and Easter basket for Hallie (just for pictures) we didn't expect her to dive in quite like she did.




I think she had a fun Easter!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

ha ha ha that is so funny about the bow with her pjs!
She really is cute though. Glad she keeps the bows on her head.

Mickelle said...

Oh, seriously. every last picture just made me want to die. She is TOO cute! Why did you guys have to up and move?!?

Mandy said...

Ah! I can't get enough of that little girl. I just gush over every picture - she's SO SO SO cute! I love that Grant is insistent on the ruffle socks and the bows. Will you guys please come for a visit soon???

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

That's funny that he likes to always have a bow in her hair. It's a good idea. I never did it all that often with Baylee and she was always mistaken for a boy. With her not having hair or a bow I guess but the fact that she was in pink or purple from head to toe I guess their are a lot more color blind people than I thought.

Suzi Q said...

Girl are more maintenence! I have to keep telling myself this since I can't make them. Hahaha. She is a doll. I used to also get offended if people didn't comment on how darling Cody was or how awesome his hair is or how big he is. But I am over it now.

Grandma Sue said...

Toooo cute - this is one grandma going through Hallie withdrawl - got to figure out how to see you guys!!

Cristy Michelle said...

I love the last picture. Halley's expression reminds me of Grant. Your little girls is so CUTE!

Campbells said...

Can't wait to see her in a few weeks!

KrizteeTrain said...

I love that hallie likes caramel eggs--those are my favorite too!!

Also, girls are supposed to wear bows and ruffly stuff until they are old enough to take them off.

It's in the Bible. Numbers. Look it up. No concordances or internet searches allowed.