CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

5 months

Once again I can't believe how fast time flys when you have a baby. Hallie is soo much fun these days, laughing and smiling all the time. Letting her "cry-it-out" seems to have really helped through the night and during naps. She has gone from waking up 3-5 times a night and starting her day around 6:30 am, to waking up 1-2 times and sleeping until 8-9ish. I have no complaints, I just hope she keeps it up. Hallie finally rolled over, tummy to back, this weekend. We were so proud of her, and she seemed pretty happy as well now that she has a way to get out of doing tummy time. Hallie loves reading/chewing on books- "Squishy Turtle" is her absolute favorite, she can be having a melt-down and will calm right down when you pull out "Squishy Turtle". She loves it when we sing her songs, ABC's are still her favorite- we've discovered that when she freaks out in the car she will calm down if you sing this to her, only problem is I get sick of singing after about 2 times. She discovered her feet this month, and loves to chew on them. She seems to prefer going pants less as it improves her ability to roll in a ball and get her feet in her mouth. Hallie also has discovered how to blow bubbles, she spends about 75% of her awake time bubbling away- very cute, but a little problematic as she tries to blow her bubbles while she is nursing and eating baby food, she thinks it's hilarious. The other morning we woke up to Hallie blowing bubbles in her crib at 5 am. Grant and I both laughed and waited to see how long she would go before she started to cry- 10 minutes she entertained herself before she realized that she hadn't eaten in 6 hours! Yep, she's pretty entertaining these days, we are loving it!


We started rice cereal this last week. She seems to like it, but has the normal problems of not quite knowing how to keep it in her mouth. Last night I tried bananas with her, verdict is still out on those- she would cough every time we gave her a spoonful, but she did manage to get quite a bit down.



It is amazing how much she has changed lately. Grant and I both agree that we didn't realize when she was little how much work it took to keep this little girl happy and alive. We were in a fog, or possibly survival mode. There was no time to think about how much work we were doing. We miss the itty bitty baby stage, but also LOVE this new stage she is growing into. And it's been nice to catch our breath after the "whirlwind " that is the first couple months of parenthood.

15 comments:

Matt and Amanda said...

Oh she is such a cutie!!!

KrizteeTrain said...

Caption for photo #1 should be:

"I'm planning something...

...something Good."

Campbells said...

When Maddie was a baby, we spent many of months singing the itsy bitsy spider in the car. That worked for her. :) The similarities in these two little cousins are cute. :) I am glad she is sleeping so well for you!

Darren and Laura said...

this is why you need to come home for Christmas!!! we need to see her grow up too!!!

Grandma Sue said...

She is adorable - I see some of her Daddy in her now that she is growing up -

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

She is getting so big. They change so fast. I think what I really dislike doing is trying to feed them. They always spit half or more out. It takes so long to get a little food down.

Mandy said...

How did I miss this post? Oh, probably because I never blog anymore! (I did update today though) Well, no wonder I was confused about how old she was yesterday-i had missed the 5 month post. She is the cutest ever and I love every time you put a picture of her up. I remember always singing songs to Georgey. We would have to sing constantly in the car - which really did wear on you, but is better then the crying. I love this stage where they can entertain themselves a bit but before they are mobile and suddenly need to be watched like a hawk again. Enjoy it! We love and miss you guys!

hilaryawb said...

This is the first time I've seen your blog! Thanks for commenting on mine! Hallie is a cutie!!! Thanks for the advice by the way, I am not the best at asking for help so I will keep that in mind!

Annie and Berkeley said...

Oh man, I just love her. I miss you guys. When are meeting up in Vegas?

Jennifer Tolman said...

I found your blog on Liz Ostlers'.. You guys! congrats on the baby we had no clue - she is sooo cute! and the house! how great!!

Whitney Blake said...

She is sure looking cute these days! I can't believe how fast they grow and change in such a small amount of time.

Robnz Fam said...

She is such a good mix of you both. She totally has Grant's eyes though, don't you think? She is a beauty that's for sure! So where are you two at exactly? Will we be close to each other?? Wouldn't that be totally awesome!!!

Janelle said...

Wow, I so thought I already made a comment...but where is it?
I love that little plump baby you have. You probably don't even need TV anymore or any other entertainment. Wish we could see her in person...but thank you for the pictures.

Sarah said...

Your baby is totally adorable! Those big eyes! So sweet!
I have a 5 month old baby girl too and it's always fun to stumble across other people who are in the same stage of life. and I AGREE, those first few months were way more work than we even realized at the time. Letting her learn to put herself to sleep after crying helped some and now that she can play with toys and is starting to sit up, it helps a ton!

Joy aka GoddessJoy said...

I found your blog by hitting the 'next blog' button on my walking blog and wanted to say hi! Your little girl is adorable!! They do grow up so fast, and by the time that fog clears you'll be where I am with a 12 year old. My son loved the ABC song when he was that age, too. He learned his ABC's sooooo early because of it! Thanks for sharing your little cutie pie with the world!