Yep she's still growing! Another month has come and gone and Hallie keeps getting cuter, and is learning more and more every day. She is also making it known that she has her own ideas of how things should be done, and seems to be pretty strong willed. We're trying to "break" her, but as of now, she is winning the battle of wills. Oh well, we've got time to make sure we don't spoil her too much, for now we're just having fun. I love to read, but have not had the time since Hallie was born. I also knew that I tend to become so engrossed in good books that I ignore everything else that needs to be done until I finish the book. Well, I finally caved after hearing form multiple people how great the "Hunger Games" books are, and bought the first in the series... And well, it was good, really good, so good in fact that I neglected my husband and sweet daughter for two days straight to read. Grant tends to "act out" when I don't pay enough attention to him, so he started to steal my book. This is a picture of him opening the book to a random page and just reading whatever he found in hopes that he'd ruin a surprise later in the book. Later that night he hid my book and made me play "warm/cold" to find it :( Hallie was a champ though, and handled her neglect like a pro. I have felt bad the past couple days however, as she seems a little more clingy, and excessively excited when I pay attention to her. Hmmm, maybe I need to work on finding balance a little more...
And the bouncer- I would argue this, disposable diapers, and pacifiers are the greatest inventions ever!
Hallie's new Bumbo- she likes it, we have yet to see if it becomes as loved as the bouncer.
Hallie outgrew the baby bath this month...
And graduated to the big kid bath. She didn't know what to do with all the extra room to splash around.
We took a "nature walk" a couple weeks ago on a nice warm day- Spring fever has hit all three of us pretty hard. Too bad the storm that has been hitting the east coast left us with 6 inches of snow. Can't complain too much though, it's still nothing compared to what we are used to in Idaho, and Grant got his first snow day since he was 15 on Tuesday. Hallie and I are both big fans of surprise days with Daddy.
And I just like this picture of my loves...Yep they're cute!
15 comments:
All you have to do to keep getting tax returns is to continue popping out babies every few years.... we seem to have that one down and the tax returns keep getting bigger! ;p
you forgot to tell about how much having a bro-in-law like me makes your life complete.
She is a cutie, and getting too big.
I always look forward to your updates. I am so glad that life is treating you guys so well. Your baby girl is just the cutest little thing. I love her and I REALLY NEED TO MEET HER. I was yelling just now.
She is really growing and getting cuter with every picture - it breaks my heart though that I can't just go over and pick her up and give her a grandma hug. Can't wait to see pictures of the kitchen and all the work you have been doing. Glad you had a nice birthday - Miss you all
Your baby is so sweet!! I'm glad to hear how happy and busy you are!
Here's an idea to help with your reading problem: You can read your books out loud to Hallie while she's in your lap or crib. She of course won't understand it all, but there's research from the Read-Aloud Handbook that says reading anything out loud to your babies helps them develop literacy faster and become excellent readers. Plus, you get to read and Hallie gets attention at the same time!
She is cute as can be and has grown so much. That is exciting to be getting new furniture and stuff. When are you guys going to come and visit? We haven't been getting much snow at all. It has been cloudy to sunny and some rain but not much snow in Idaho.
Hallie is so cute!! And I would totally have to agree with you about the bouncer and the pacifier. Total life savers! You know, Sadie went through an "over excited about mommy" phase too. Don't feel bad. I'm sure she knows you still love her. You guys look like you are having such fun!
She is adorable. Enjoy how little she is. Seriously she will be four soon. And you will wonder where the time went.:)I'm glad things are going good for you guys.
Sorry to make this comment but it is a wonderful baby
I act out when Cristy doesn't pay enough attention to me too. You can expect that from Hallie pretty soon if Daddy is doing it :)
Oh I wish I could get my hands on that baby! She's incredible. I'd pinch myself too. ENJOY and enjoy for me too please
wow , cute baby !
it's called ' comel ' in malay . hahha .
nice blog u have . do visit mine when u feel free , okay :DD
She's so cute! I wish we could come visit again and play with her!
I'm a little behind in my blog-commenting, sorry! I just can't get enough pictures of that sweet Hallie girl and all you guys are up to. I had so many comments, I forgot them all! Well, I just want to say that there's just no such thing as spoiling a baby - you spoil away, she deserves it!! And I too really enjoyed the Hunger Games. Have you started book two yet? I won't say anything except be prepared for it to leave you hanging - and we have to wait till like September for book three or something like that. Arg. I'm very impressed with your home improvements. Those cabinets look professional! I am wanting to paint, but I need help deciding what to do! Wish you lived closer. Love you guys!
Post a Comment