CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas 2009

We had a great Christmas this year! It was just the three of us, but it was still fun. Grant woke me up (and attempted to wake Hallie up) at 8:30 and we all headed down to check out what Santa had left for us.

Hallie got her dad "The Office season 5" and the game Uno. She also got a shirt for herself/dad, and wrapped his present up in it. She's learning young, Grant was totally fooled and thought the present was a picture frame.


Grant was having a hard time thinking of what to get me. I gave him a few ideas and then he asked me how I never have a hard time thinking of presents for him. I proceeded to lecture/tell him that I listen and pay attention all year to things that he is interested in, and by Christmas I have a whole list of gift ideas for him...
Grant loves to shake his presents, and try to guess what they are. There was a long skinny box under the tree this year, and after a few days of being stumped it came to him- an extra loft wedge golf club. He was convinced he had it figured out. We had gone to different stores to look at clubs at least 10 times this summer and fall, and after my lecture about how you should listen all year for gift ideas he knew that he had it figured out.
And so Christmas morning came, and after a week of pretending to swing the box like it was a club, Grant was ready to open it up.




He looks pretty happy opening his new shower curtain rod don't you think? Yeah, I felt like a schmuck. He was still excited about the curtain rod- the hotel on our honeymoon had one and he loved it so when I saw the same kind at the store I wanted to get it for him. I think Grant will probably get a new golf club for his birthday.
And Grant being the great husband he is thought about what I had said, and remembered that I have wanted a stand mixer my whole life, sooo now that we have the space... I have an amazing new mixer.

And because no post is complete without a few Hallie pictures... we like to call these "Christmas excitement"
It's pretty obvious why, she could hardly contain herself ;)




11 comments:

Mandy said...

hahaha, that is hilarious about the curtain rod :) I'm so happy for you and your new mixer. What kind is it? And I love the "excitement" from Hallie. You guys are such cute parents how you include her in all the gift giving/getting even at this age. Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas.

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

I can't believe how fast they grow. I just can't get over how fast Charlie is growing lately and I am sure you have the same feelings with Hallie.

Grandma Sue said...

And that shower rod was a great thing. Next year Hallie will be eating the paper and playing with the boxes.

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

The curtain rod is the BEST story ever! Glad you had a great Christmas!

KrizteeTrain said...

I laughed the whole time. Funny that Hallie is so excited about her stuff :)

The Jones Family said...

Christmas looks like it was fun, your little baby is adorable and so big already and your house looks amazing!!! I can't believe how much your lives have changed in the past year or so. Glad to see you guys are doing so well!!!

Janelle said...

I can't believe Grant let you sleep in that late!!! What happened to the 6am Christmas morns? I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your very own family. Thanks for sharing all the cute pictures.

Suzi Q said...

I laughed at the golf club shower curtain rod thing. How funny. Our apartment has those sweet curved curtain rods so I understand the love for them.

Annie and Berkeley said...

That last picture of Hallee is hilarious! I love how huge her cheeks are. So cute. It looks like you guys had a great Christmas. We miss you!

Brady Campbell said...

Dude :( I miss you guys. We need to golf it up Grant! I'm sorry Liz. Realistically, we probably won't be mixing together anytime soon :P

Lani said...

Maybe not, but Liz and I could mix, while you and Grant golf!? :p