When was your wedding? November 18, 2005
Where did you get married? Spokane Washington Temple
I added this one- Where and how did he propose? Signal point in Post Falls, Id. He spent the day up at the lake with my family getting the 3rd degree from my brothers, and I guess he just couldn't wait to join our family after that ;) He suggested that we go relax at Signal point ( I know you all are thinking, when did relax become code for make out?, but we really just liked to go up there to talk and look at the view) He was shaking so bad, and kept telling me how much he loved me. I wanted to tell him to just get it over with because I thought he would have a heart attack if he didn't do it soon. He finally told me he had a present for me, but I had to answer a question first, he got down on one knee, and I said yes and started to cry before he could even finish asking the question. I wouldn't have it any other way.
How long were you dating/engaged? Dated 7-8 months? (I'm not sure if we can count the time while Grant had another girlfriend but hung out with me every day;) Engaged 4 months
Were you a bridezilla? Haha, probably, but in my defense I really don't think anyone other than the bride and groom should have a say in what happens on their wedding day. We were both ready to elope by the end of the whole process, but we continued on in hope that we'd make some money and get good presents.
What were the wedding colors? Red, bronze, and white. I had planned to fall in love with Grant in the winter, have a 6 month engagement and get married in the spring or summer of '06. I was going to have white flowers, white table cloths, a tent outside, and beautiful green grass. My plan did not work, that sly dog made me fall in love well before I had planned and I quickly found, to quote When Harry Met Sally, " When you realize you've found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start NOW." Well the rest of my life started in November in a church gym, and it was wonderful! Even if it didn't happen quite like I had planned.
How many brides maids did you have? ZERO- in my opinion, and this is just my opinion, they are a waste of money at a temple wedding. It's not like you walk down the aisle, and people always end up with hurt feelings, or they have a wedding party with 40 people because they didn't want to risk leaving any one out.
Where did you honeymoon? Canada, Ainsworth Hot Springs
Where was your reception? Coeur d'Alene ID, our hometown, at the church on Hanley
Is there anything that you would re-do if you could? I would stress out less during our engagement. It all worked out in the end, but hindsight is 20/20.
Did you save your cake top and eat it on your 1 year? We came home from our honeymoon, and a few days later stopped by my parent's house. My mom had our cake top sitting on the counter and had saved it so we could freeze it. Ha! We poked at it, it was rock hard, each took one bite, and then tossed it in the garbage.
Speaking of cakes, what did yours look like? Ours was three tiers, white, with red roses and a stray Gerber daisy managed to find it's way on as well. It was Rainbow Chip cake on the inside, classy! But hey, no one could tell from the outside.
How long have you been married now?3 years 3 months and 1 week. Too Long! (not really, I just know Grant would say it if he could so I had to beat him to it :)
Consider yourself tagged if you feel like reminiscing :)
7 comments:
I freaking LOVED your dress. It was ultra gorgeous! I loved your wedding pics too, they are so good! I'm jealous, but don't tell my dad. :)
It is nice to hear the story of how you guys became to be.
I told Matt that you might becoming out to visit Grants sister. We are way excited. We really want to see you guys too. We miss everyone in Provo. So I hope that you will let us know if you go out there so we can get together.
Fun! My fav pictures of course is the one with Madelynn. Maybe I will do this
I thought this was way fun! I have nothing to post these days, so I may do this as well. I can't believe those pictures of Georgey and Maddie, they were so little! Georgey was cracking up at how little they were. I loved you guys' wedding. You were the most gorgeous bride ever! Goooood times.
Such cute pictures!! Liz, you looked smoking hot on your wedding day!! (You still are, but you know what I mean.) Grant didn't look too bad himself.
Georgey and Maddie are so little!! Your reception was allot of fun and so much prettier than the pictures show.
Agree with Campbells (Nikki)--we are totally jacking this idea.
PS Just from the male perspective, I can totally understand being nervous (Grant proposing). Maybe even some creeper tears (NOT that that happened to me). Actually my heart was pounding like crazy (totally gave it away to Cristy) but I think she knew long before that.
Post a Comment