CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

We were wondering...

so, whats the protocol for mothers day when your pregnant? I think I should probably get spoiled like crazy, well we'll just have to wait and see. Yep, for those who didn't know, and those who did but had been sworn to secrecy, the cat's out of the bag! We're finally having a baby! We're due November 18th, on our 4 year wedding anniversary. We are supper excited and a little overwhelmed now that it is really happening. There's nothing like throwing up for two months straight to make you feel like you'll be inadequate. When you can't even keep up with your laundry and dishes anymore the idea of being a mom is slightly overwhelming. Luckily Grant's stepped up and is quite the housekeeper:) I'm hoping this "sick all the time" thing is coming to it's end, and with that my courage might return. "Ha, if she only knew what awaits her!" I can hear you moms thinking "be afraid, be very afraid!"
Even with the knowledge that our lives are going to be turned upside down soon, we are still sooo excited to meet this new person!To say that we've been a little baby hungry for awhile is quite the understatement. We're three months into this pregnancy and feel like time is crawling as we wait for November, and our baby to arrive. In the mean time, however, we will be sleeping in, going to movies, and doing whatever else we feel like on a whim. 6 more months until total lock-down ;)
We don't have Internet anymore, and probably won't until a few weeks after the move, so blogging will be extremely sporadic for the next month. We're visiting Cincinnati this week to apartment/house hunt, and will be taking advantage of the hotel's Internet, and after that it'll be the library for us when we need our "net" fixes. And P.S.- Cincinnati is great, we've felt like this was the job and location we were prompted to take, but it was nice to drive into the city and just feel that peace again. We don't know how to get anywhere, but at least if you're going to get lost it's in a nice, pretty place with lots of character:)

21 comments:

Lani said...

Congratulations!! I won't tell you how hard it is or give you horror stories about what your in for... because I think that being a mom is the most WONDERFUL thing in the world- and you will do just great!:) Happy Mother's Day!

GNN Scott said...

I've been wanting to give your baby a shoutout on a Vlog, so now that it's officially announced you get the next one =)

Campbells said...

When in doubt always buy the present Grant. You'll never get in trouble that way...

Nothing is more assuring than feeling that feeling of everything being 'right'...

Even though it ain't go'in to be easy.

You'll be a great mom. Just gear up for the big highs and low lows (mostly caused by sleep deprivatioin and a total deprivation of individualism/privacy), but once you start getting those 3-4 hour streches its all okay from there...

Luv you guys,

da

Meredith said...

I was hoping this blog was coming some time soon!!!! I am so thrilled for you! I wish you guys were still going to be here when you gave birth so we can see the little one, but I am so glad you guys are at peace with your decision. I love it! So happy for you.

Meredith
P.S. how sweet is it that this little person will be born on your anniversary.

Suzi Q said...

CONGRATS! I was totally sick at first too, hopefully yours will fade, as mine did. And please enjoy this time, having a baby is the best thing in the world, don't get me wrong, but just... enjoy a night's rest now. LOL. Anyways, I'm so happy for you.

Darren and Laura said...

i would have thought that Grant would have been a great tour guide. are you in a different part of town then he was?

Janelle said...

Of course you qualify for Mother's Day. Who else is feeding and housing that baby right now? Just so Grant doesn't go all nuts and buy a November birthstone item or something. If he does, that baby will be sure to wait to arrive until December :} We're so excited for all your new adventures. Love ya! Janelle

Darin and Sarah Frank said...

Yeah!!!! I am so excited that we will be pregnant together. I think that you will be an awesome mom. Everything will get better. I know you will be great. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

Sarah Cornett said...

Congrats! Sorry that you're feeling so sick. I was sick for 5 months both times, hopefully you'll start feeling better soon. And don't worry about lack of motivation for housework. Once you have the baby, all the tiredness and crazy hormones leave and you feel like a new person, ready to take on the world! And also don't worry about the stresses of having a baby, some of my absolute favorite memories are when my children were itty bitty and waking up in the middle of the night. Just having that quiet time with them, and cuddling them. It's the best!

The Cornett Family said...

P.S. That was me who left the comment above, I didn't realize I was only signed into my e-mail and not blogger.

Emily said...

Congratulations, Liz and Grant!

Peterson Family said...

Congrats! Happy Mothers Day!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations!! And you definitely deserve having your feet up and really celebrating this Mother's day. I miss sleeping in a lot, so make sure you do that tons between now and November. We're so excited for yall!

Kinzie Sue said...

Congrats! Found your blog through another 114th ward friend. Congrats on the upcoming baby! You guys are going to be wonderful parents. I need to send you an invite to my blog... hum, maybe I'll look up your email on facebook!

Sarah said...

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you guys! You are going to be such fun parents! How special to be due on your Anniversary.
I'm sorry you haven't been well. I know this isn't that comforting, but it's true that it doesn't last forever. I second what Chelsea said about sleeping in!!!
Best of luck house hunting.
Happy first Mother's Day!

KrizteeTrain said...

You know what's not cool? Calling someone on Mothers Day when they're not pregnant!!!

Annie and Berkeley said...

Hazzah!! Congrats! Asa and I are coming to Provo to visit on Wednesday or Thursday. Hopefully you guys will be home so we can bbq! Call me!

Katrina said...

Woot, woot! I'm so happy for you guys!

*wife* said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. All your changes, moving to Ohio, work, expecting a baby. Super exciting. I'm a little jealous, i'm a little baby hungry myself i think (but its nothing a new kitten or something couldn't hold be over with until my husband gets back to fix that). But, that's wonderful news for you guys. i hope you had a great mothers day (the 1st of many!). You guys will be great parents!

Grandma Sue said...

Wow - you have lots of friends - that's great - Just remember if you get presents for Mothers day Grant gets them for Fathers day!!

Laura said...

Congrats! Matt and I are so excited for you both. Babies bring a lot of joy to a family even if they are a lot of work.
Good luck with finding a place to live. Can't wait to hear what you find.